Monday, January 8, 2007

number 19

food & thought
By the time I made it home to make dinner for my belly and the family I was set loose on the high seas rolling in me, adrift with a dead engine as I cut the chicken thighs to pieces sized like my thumbs, like bites and played with herbs and a sauce -- I don't make sauce -- but tonight I made sauce, right there in the pan and steamed vegetables with no steamer and there was rice too, and I forgot to think about poetry until just now after another cup of hot tea and the sleeps are coming at me and since I got home my mind has been doing its own thing and I can't say I'm happy about that, now that I'm off to put it to bed because all of it has simply made me very, very tired today.


Cast Off
There are the days where my mind
refuses to join the raft
I'm on, taunting the many sharks.

No comments: