Thursday, February 1, 2007

number 43

food & thought
Just down my road in a direction I hadn't driven it before was a mountain and after driving it up, straight up into the clouds that filled my world up with snow and ice this morning I turned my car and moved back down the grade, stopping to see the shrouds wrapping the landscape across the valley and on the way home finding an Amish store I stopped and bought a small round loaf with good grains and seeds and some farmers cheese and some jerky and a bite of fudge too and tried to eat as slowly as I could make myself thinking about my morning shower where I fell down in the steam and hiss of such a powerful realization of the death in my limbs, and the life, too.


Three Days
We are the tomb he enters.
This skin will be rolled away --
wrestling until the dawn.

No comments: