Monday, January 15, 2007

number 25

food & thought
What I called lunch was something I ate out of its styrofoam container with a spork in a parking lot as my car idled and my mind turned things over and I'd just been in a church with people, maybe fifty of us, and students read things from the bible and some stood and read things that MLK had said, and one student played the piano and led us through song, he called us into his song, and he gave us that song and finally, we sang with him and all of us heard old voices today, things first said so long before us but still alive now, words that live, that move out on our new breath, alive and wrapped in the gift in our mouths from the spirit of God that hovered over the dark waters before we were when God was about to speak, himself.


Kingdom, Come
We dream too, brother, your dream
resonating in this day
we confess hate, march toward love.

No comments: